Georgia United Credit Union’s Foundation recently collaborated with the Gwinnett County Public Schools Foundation to award five high school students each a $2,000 Young Leaders scholarship.
The Young Leaders Scholarship recipients were selected based on academic standing and demonstrated leadership as a community volunteer, entrepreneur or school leader with results that make the community a better place.
On April 30, the award recipients and their families were invited to join Georgia United Credit Union’s president and CEO Debbie Smith for a reception at the corporate office.
“We are proud to award scholarships to these deserving young women who are dedicated to improving our communities, through our continued partnership with Gwinnett County Public Schools Foundation and Executive Women’s Day,” Smith said.
Congratulations to the 2019 Young Leaders scholarship winners:
- Ashley-Kay Fonkeng, Dacula High School — will attend University of Georgia
- Marcayla Hannah, Parkview High School — will attend Kennesaw State University
- Victoria Kabat, Collins Hill High School — will attend Georgia Institute of Technology
- Katherine Rodriguez, Mill Creek High School — will attend Georgia State University
- Vani Senthil, Duluth High School — will attend Augusta University