Mayor Andy Betterton honored Florence’s seven credit unions with a city-wide proclamation and his heartfelt gratitude for the work each of these institutions have done for our community. Credit Unions have served the City of Florence, Alabama and its residents for over 60 years. With more than 291 million members in 118 countries worldwide, over 86,000 credit unions exist globally. All credit unions, particularly the seven credit unions of the City of Florence, uphold a common goal to offer access to affordable financial services for their members, and share a collective, cooperative spirit, characterized by the credit union movement’s theme of People Helping People.
– Listerhill Credit Union CEO, Brad Green
– Lauderdale County Teachers Credit Union CEO, Sherry Fulks
– Alabama Central Credit Union CEO, Brad Haddock
– Shoals Chapter of Credit Unions President, Philip Gambrell
– Valley Credit Union CEO, Dawn Truitt
– Florence Federal Credit Union CEO, Lisa Eckl
(Not pictured but included in the proclamation, Champion Community Credit Union & TVA Credit Union).