Georgia United is inviting the local community to its 2020 Shred Day events held at select locations starting in March and lasting until May.
Community participants are encouraged to bring up to three boxes of personal documents — such as old checks, statements and meidcal information — and Iron Mountain will shred and recycle the documents on site from their mobile destruction truck.
“Georgia United Credit Union is committed to helping members safeguard their personal identity,” said Kim Wall, director of business and community development at Georgia United. “Our shred days offer a safe place to securely destroy personal documents in an environmentally responsible way at a convenient location.”
Shred days will be held at the locations listed below on Saturdays from 9 a.m. until noon.
- March 7 – Conyers Branch at 1381 Milstead Avenue
- March 21 – Duluth Branch at 2270 Satellite Boulevard
- March 28 – Clarkston Branch at 500 North Indian Creek Drive
- April 11 – Stockbridge Branch at 430 Country Club Drive
- April 18 – Dunwoody High School at 5035 Vermack Road
- April 25 – Cumming Branch at 312 Canton Highway
- May 9 – Athens Branch at 190 Gaines School Road
- May 9 – Dalton Branch at 605 Calhoun Street
- May 26 – Academy of Scholars at 5096 Panola Industrial Boulevard in Decatur, Ga.
Please visit gucu.org/shred for additional information.