Pen Air Federal Credit Union recently announced the 10 local charities that will receive $5,000 a piece through its 2020 Jeans for Communerosity charities.
Pen Air Federal started Jeans for Communerosity in 2013 to give back to the local communities it serves, according to a Santa Rosa Press Gazette article. Employees are encouraged to volunteer their time in non profits and to nominate deserving non profits for the program. Employees vote and the top 10 organizations receive a check.
The 10 non profits selected this year were:
- Family Promise
- Concerns of Police Survivors (C.O.P.S.)
- Council on Aging
- FoodRaising Friends Inc.,
- Jennifer Claire Moore Foundation
- The Lighthouse of Baldwin County
- Miracle League of Pensacola
- Pensacola Habitat for Humanity
- The Secret Place Home
- United Methodist Children’s Home
Also featured in: Santa Rosa Press Gazette