Georgia United Foundation recently announced the launch of their 26th annual High School Competition which offers four college scholarship opportunities totaling $27,500.
High school seniors planning to attend college or a technical school during the 2020-2021 school year are encouraged to apply online by Feb. 28.
Students can showcase their creativity through a 1-minute video submission answering the following question:
- Georgia United was founded on the principle of supporting the community through education. How are you going to use your education to help your community?
Additional consideration will be given to students’ academic achievement, demonstrated leadership and participation in school and community activities.
The scholarships, named for the credit union’s founder and notable board members, will be awarded in four opportunities:
- The Vernon E. Carne Scholarship for $10,000
- The Geraldine Tilson Scholarship for $7,500
- The Polly Hinde Scholarship for $5,000
- The Dorothy Dusenberry Pirkle Scholarship for $5,000
Program requirements online application are found at gucufoundation.org/scholarships. Submissions will be reviewed by the Scholarship Application Committee and recipients will be announced in April.
Also featured in: CUSocialGood